Celebrating 35 years! - The Spirit Continues
Annual School - Tampa, FL
Sunday 10/23/16 - Thursday 10/27/16
See listing of 16 courses at end of page
CLICK HERE TO REGISTER NOW
The Florida School of Addictions Studies, Inc. is a non-profit corporation that provides an Regional Jacksonville School and an Annual School at Springfield College, Tampa, FL with educational courses related to addictions. Experienced, enthusiastic instructors offer in-depth, face-to-face training, networking opportunities abound and CEU's offered.
MEET THE EXPERTS AND LEARN NEW SKILLS!
FSAS offers intensive workshops with practical training to help participants meet the challenges of working with others to facilitate wellness in recovery.
8 REASONS TO ATTEND
PERSONAL AND PROFESSIONAL BENEFITS OF ATTENDING
AGENCY BENEFITS FOR SENDING STAFF
- Courses offer curriculums that highlight current trends and research
- Continuing Education Credits (CEU’s) are available and specifically listed for each course offered. These include those offered by: Florida Certification Board (FCB) for various levels of addiction certification; The Agency for Health Care Administration (ACHCA) for Licensed Mental Health Counselors, Licensed Clinical Social Workers, Licensed Marriage and Family Therapists; and Florida Department of Highway Safety & Motor Vehicles (DHSMV) for certification, re-certification credits for DUI Instructors, Evaluators, and Clinical Supervisors
- Courses provide opportunities to learn how to integrate theory and practice into a personalized set of skills that can be used immediately
- The School provides an opportunity to become a part of a learning community that generates a powerful spirit of personal growth and professional self-renewal. Some students have attended each year for many years, made friends, professional network connections
- Participants become a part of the treatment and recovery processes that transform individuals, families and communities
- Courses are cost effective, science-based and include recovery centered principles for treatment
- Staff will be offered recognized courses that may lead to reimbursement for specific Treatment and/or Case Management services (Certified Addictions Professional, Clinical Supervision and Recovery Coach Training)
- Staff will develop skills that can be implemented immediately, improving treatment fidelity and outcomes
SUNDAY ONLY COURSES:
Sunday 10/23/16 1 to 4 p.m.
· Hoarding Addiction by Marcia Monroe, MSW, MBA, LCSW
· Working with clients with Gender Dysphoria, by Rafel Funentes, MS, Ph.D.
· Integrating Action Methods into Addiction Treatment,
by Sandra Seeger, LMHC, TEP; Susan Mullins Oberman, LMHC, TEP, CEDS
Exception: Begins Sunday, 10/23/16 and daily through Thurs. 10/27/16 - 9 to 4
· Recovery Coach by Rick Davila, Ph.D. and Marguerite [Rita] Ballard, BA [30 hr. course]
[manuals required and included in course; scholarship recipients must purchase for $50]
ONE-DAY TRACKS – Mon/Tues:
Mon. 10/24/16 9 to 4 p.m. – one-day course
12 Steps, the Sequel by Wendy Coughlin, Ph.D., LMHC, CAP
Tues. 10/25/16 9 to 4 p.m. – one-day course
Good with Me Recovery by Pat Noll, AP, LMHC, CAP, SAP, SAE
MINI – TRACKS – Mon/Tues:
Mon/Tues. 10/24,25/16 9 to 4 p.m.
1. Addictions A-Z by Bob Piper, LMHC
2. Driving Under the Influence Investigations by Sgt. Mike Paniagua
3. “Reefer Madness 2016: The Science of Medical Marijuana and Its Impact
on the Young Adult Brain” by Merrill Norton, Pharm D., D.Ph., ICCDP-D
4. Food Addiction by Philip R. Werdell, MA
5. Clinical Supervision by Carali McLean, LMHC
6. Recovery Coach by Rick Davila, Ph.D. and Marguerite [Rita] Ballard
MINI – TRACKS – Wed./Thurs:
Wed/Thurs. 10/26,27/16 9 to 4 p.m.
1. CAP Preparation by Laureen Pagel, Ph.D.
2. Treating Early Life Developmental Trauma with Co-Occurring Addictive Disorders by Cardwell C.
3. Addiction and Abuse Recovery: The Healing Truth by Tina Levene, BA & Margaret Herring, M.Ed.,
LPC, LCAS, CCS
4. Opioid abuse treatment, Med. Assisted treatment by Lawrence Wilson, MD, MRO, ABAM, FASM
5. Recovery Coach by Rick Davila, Ph.D. & Marguerite [Rita] Ballard, BA