FLORIDA SCHOOL OF ADDICTION STUDIES
"The Spirit Continues"
The Florida School of Addictions Studies, Inc.is a non-profit corporation that provides an Regional Jacksonville School and an Annual School at Springfield College, Tampa, FL with educational courses related to addictions. Experienced, enthusiastic instructors offer in-depth, face-to-face training, networking opportunities abound and CEU's offered.
MEET THE EXPERTS AND LEARN NEW SKILLS!
FSAS offers intensive workshops with practical training to help participants meet the challenges of working with others to facilitate wellness in recovery.
8 REASONS TO ATTEND
PERSONAL AND PROFESSIONAL BENEFITS OF ATTENDING
AGENCY BENEFITS FOR SENDING STAFF
- Courses offer curriculums that highlight current trends and research
- Continuing Education Credits (CEU’s) are available and specifically listed for each course offered. These include those offered by: Florida Certification Board (FCB) for various levels of addiction certification; The Agency for Health Care Administration (ACHCA) for Licensed Mental Health Counselors, Licensed Clinical Social Workers, Licensed Marriage and Family Therapists; and Florida Department of Highway Safety & Motor Vehicles (DHSMV) for certification, re-certification credits for DUI Instructors, Evaluators, and Clinical Supervisors
- Courses provide opportunities to learn how to integrate theory and practice into a personalized set of skills that can be used immediately
- The School provides an opportunity to become a part of a learning community that generates a powerful spirit of personal growth and professional self-renewal. Some students have attended each year for many years, made friends, professional network connections
- Participants become a part of the treatment and recovery processes that transform individuals, families and communities
- Courses are cost effective, science-based and include recovery centered principles for treatment
- Staff will be offered recognized courses that may lead to reimbursement for specific Treatment and/or Case Management services (Certified Addictions Professional, Clinical Supervision and Recovery Coach Training)
- Staff will develop skills that can be implemented immediately, improving treatment fidelity and outcomes